Smell that campfire

Do you have a happy place?  Whether it is a vacation spot or maybe your back deck, you know it is a comfort and a breath of familiar air.  Do you know where my happy place is?  I bet you'll never guess.  It's a little place called West Virginia.  I live above it in Pennsylvania so it is fairly easy to get to.  I've been there lots of times for different reasons.  Camping, George Strait, gambling, Dwight Yoakam, hiking, white water rafting, visiting friends in college, just passing through, and glamping.  Memories.  Why is it so great??  It's gorgeous and it's simple.  Go there!

My brother is a mountain biker and has been down to WV a few times for it.  He was going down a weekend in August and somehow it turned into a family trip - him, myself, my sister, my sister's boyfriend, brother's friend and two cousins.  Was so much fun!  He selected a campground and it couldn't have been more perfect.  I had all these plans to go to the town, check out the eateries and coffee shops, do the tourist steps but when it came to it - I did not want to leave the campground.  If you've ever been camping then I suspect you have had a similar experience.  Night or day, there is just something about sitting around at your campsite.  There really is no need to leave.  We went biking, but we rented the bikes from the campground (some of us brought our own) and biked right from there as well.  And the smell of a campfire?  Ahhh.  One of my top 3.  The heads of cabbage patch kids premie dolls, campfire, and garlic cooking in olive oil.  I guess some flowers are nice too.

Get outdoors.  Ride like the wind.  Hike that mountain.  Smell that campfire.











Don't worry, you get the hang of it.














Comments

Popular Posts