Lions, and Tigers and Bears...

Have you ever seen one of those word picture things that says something to the effect "if you see me running, you better run too because [some big scary animal] is chasing me"?  As a former runner, I am that person now.

When I was town hiking the other day, there were a group of runners while I was out and about.  I used to see a runner and feel guilty, like I was missing out, I was a quitter.  Many times feelings of jealousy invaded me because they were running and I wasn't.  By choice, but whatever.  Now I just thought "naw I'm good".  I've lost the desire.  I ran and ran and ran and ran some more for near 20 years.  Then I decided I was tired and I just stopped.  I jogged through vacations, sicknesses, pregnancies, and injuries.  I have now lost my desire to go anymore and have embarked on more peaceful and calming ways to move my body.  Yes, I've turned hippie. Yoga, nature, meditation, and recycling excite me.  I shop at the local food co-op and get a bug thrill out of the bulk spices aisle.  Anyone relate?

I guess people can change.


Comments

Popular Posts