Snack Idea: Zucchini Chips

Now let me preface this by stating I am a huge salt person.  The way I make these, and many other things, are probably way too salty for most people.  Perhaps that's why I love these so...but I think even less salty they'd be delicious for anyone!


Like many, I was gifted with numerous zucchini over the summer months.  Many moons ago I liked to make beef jerky (during my meat eating days) and my husband gifted me with a dehydrator.  It sat in in our basement until the zucchini rescued it.  I wanted to try to make zucchini chips and ended up loving them and making them numerous times.  It'd probably be more if it didn't feel so time consuming.  In reality, it is easy peasy.  I'm just a lazy cook.  Now it's winter so I'm paying for my zucchini, but whatever.

Other than my dehydrator, I don't have any special tools.  I use a regular slicing knife to slice each zucchini as thin as I can.  Spread them on the trays of your dehydrator, then either spray with cooking spray or an oil of your choice then season away!  I use real salt, Trader Joe's Garlic Salt and Trader Joe's Everything Bagel Seasoning. 

!@#$%^&*()!@#$%^^&&***()_K+=+_))((**&&^^%%$$#$#@@@!!@#$%^&*()_+=-)(*&^%$

Sidebar - Trader Joe's is about 25 minutes from my house venturing into the city outskirts, but I will go way out of my way to go there for 3 specific products I love and these seasonings are 2 of the 3.

Turn on that dehydrator and let it go!  I let mine go about 20 hours.  You can easily check them at anytime to see if they have yet reached perfection.  If I remember, I will also switch the trays around at some point to distribute the goodness even better.

Bon appetit. 




Comments

Popular Posts